Monday, April 14, 2014

Manic Monday.

Okay, so it's not really manic at all.  There is nothing crazy happenin' up in here. 

It's raining, Becks is at school, I'm drinking coffee, and Faith is sleeping on the couch. 

Because, let me tell you, this girl can snooze.  She does all the snoozing all the time.  A+ in snoozing.  And being cute.  She's nailed that, too.  








So, Spring Break 2014 is over.  There are six weeks of school left.  

Oh. My. Word.  

Easter is upon us and there are eggs to be dyed and baskets to fill full of that annoying grass that gets everywhere.  

Looking for a fun pre-Easter read?

Becks and I are obsessed with The Easter Bunny's Assistant by Jan Thomas.  Hilarious. 


If you haven't discovered this book yet, it's a hilarious read about The Easter Bunny and his assistant, Skunk, who gets really excited about dying eggs and then...well...does what skunks apparently do when they get excited.  A skart, maybe?  With a little boy (and a classroom full of kiddos), who are completely intrigued by bodily functions, this book is guaranteed to get the giggles going!  

Back when I was still in the classroom, I made this little mini-unit to go along with it.   What is crazy to me now, is that my very own kiddo can read it to me!  Love!


Aw, look how little he was back in 2012!


Anyway, enjoy your Monday - manic or not!

XXOO

11 comments:

Amy said...

Ha! I would love to read that one to my teenagers. I bet they would enjoy it as much as my 1st graders!!

Mrs. B's Beehive said...

My students love the Easter Bunny's Assistant! They make me read it EVER SINGLE DAY leading up to Easter! I will have to check out your mini unit, I bet they would get a kick out of that : )

Laura said...

Gosh, I remember that picture. Has it really been 2 years. My.. how time flies. Glad you are enjoying our baby girl… she is precious.

Mojra said...

So glad you are home and life is quiet!

Tonia said...

She is just beautiful! I will look for that book! Thanks for sharing.

First Grade Funtastic said...

I LOVE all these pictures of your sweet little girl, snoozing at home! I am sorry your day didn't stay so peaceful. I AM laughing at the sight of you squeezing cotton balls in the parking lot! Funny! :) I need to check out this book too...


Skincare Blog said...

Beatifully made and hand delivered by God. So happy for you

megan9480 said...

Hi Abby,
SO great to having you blogging again. I am so happy for you and your family. I know you are enjoying every minute with your little one, and bigger one. :) Hope you have a lot more not so manic mondays.
:O) Megan

Jodi said...

All of those sleeping baby pictures are just tooooooo cute!!!!

TheElementary MathManiac said...

What a great baby!

Tara
The Math Maniac

K Holden said...

Love that book! Jan Thomas is a great author. I am an independent consultant for a popular book company and would love for you to check out the books we offer at my website: www.d4122.myubam.com. These books are perfect for educating children, teaching good morals, getting them excited about reading, and for helping to promote literacy to our future generations. Feel free to follow me on my blog at www.holdenontobooks.blogspot.com